Death to All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quake 3 CTF Clan v1.30

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
DTA Members
(Clan Leader)
Apoc/.Proph3t.

(Clan Co-leader)
Cuban

(Clan Members)
R1d3r/N1ghtmar3
Kensou
NeRo/Alucard
Natas/SexBomb
B*S
Bong/je$us
Ase++s
ButtHead
Megafla
Zero Fox Given
Mr.Squiggles

Hello Guys, I'm interested

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cuban
Clan Co-Leader
Cuban

Hello Guys, I'm interested Empty
PostSubject: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:20 am

Name: Jarad Williams
Allias: Cuban or GGZ
Sex: Male (I kno "pretty" girls in quake are really hard to find so I'm sorry if i disappointed anybody) Cool
Time playing Quake: 8 years so far
Reason to join us?: This may take some time so you might want to get a sandwich and something to drink before you start reading. cherry

Well I've been playing Quake from since 2002 in grade 10 and I played the Excessive in 1.30 mod up until later year. In excessive mod, I was in a lot of clans and I created some of them as well. Even in the Xcessive League, the clans I was in was always good and I was pretty good myself maybe still as good Razz. I use to play Berry and InstaUnlagged from time to time with a clan member of mines for the purpose to better our aim with Machine Gun, Lighting gun and Rail and mixing it with fast strafing techniques. Over time, the players started to loose interest mainly because there were a lot of good players around but no new players coming in, so there was no one to replace the leaving good players. And As expected, the mod died to the lack of players. So I even started hosting servers and what not to find out anyone was still out there who still interested but after about 6 months, i just gave up on it. That was last year in May.

A few days ago, i decided to play Berry again since I was able to use the same .cfg and the same strafing techniques without having to start from the beginning like a baby. After a few hours, things were going great until the rocket spam was getting to mush to mentally handle so i spec and start chatting with a guy named Rail who I teamed up with the previous game. He also agreed with me and told me about the Noghost server, so i decided to check things out since i didn't really have a mod to stick to, hoping that there were no rocket spamming waiting for me. When I got there, I played a few games and end up having a lot of fun. But I kept doing the jumps from excessive mod in noghost mod with a rail gun (Old habits die hard). So after coming to the conclusion that what I'm doing isn't really working out for me too well, so I just started strafe jumping from base to base. It was real funny too because I was able to cap the flag a few times and was able to catch a few of the players up with a few quick steps. Since I had good practice with aim, protecting my team mates and my base was not a problem (I couldn't really go on Offense since i didn't know all the rail jumps, so I'll stick to defense of my base and getting back the flag).

Tonight I played 1vs1 with a euro player (220 ping and I had 60-70 so I'm guessing he's a euro player since the average euro player is between 150-250 with a US server), I realize I had a lot to learn with rail jumps and trying to teach myself isn't helping me much. So after thinking about how much fun I had these past days playing noghost and berry (excluding the rocket spam), and I figured I should make camp and see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Basically, I have good team work sense and a dedicated player (which is rare from what I've notice), I may not know all the rail jumps but i have good aim and I'm good at getting my flag back and protecting my team. I've been playing for a very long time, so i know the INs and OUTs of quake when it comes to dealing with cfgs, hosting and running servers, tweaking my computer and my network (I'm an IT & Network Administrator by profession), handy tools like quake minimizer and ventrilo. I'm a quick learner of the team and my enemy so i can adjust to the situation if needed (I usually had the Chaser and Cleaner position in most of my Excessive clans). I know a lot of the maps INs and OUTs already and can create a plan of action without losing speed and aim if needed. Mainly, I like to have fun and having a good time while getting the job done. I'm interested in joining the clan and hopefully I'll be able to learn a few things with some practice with really good players.

Oh by the way, "Cuban" is just a nick name I had from High school that's all. I'm not from Cuba and I don't speak or understand Spanish, but ironically, I'm from the Bahamas and I'm learning to speak French since my fiance does all the Spanish speaking in my house. So it seems like I'm a French-speaking Cuban. lol!

Last edited by Cuban on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cryptosolar.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:06 am

well i had my drink so i read it all lol,
we had a game yesterday i was sasdsa
and indeed i think u did a great game yesterday, we're playing against
Battousai and other guy, i think u are a very solid player
you have a lot to learn, but i can see ur gonna be a great noghost player
i would like to see you in our lines
pz
Back to top Go down
Cuban
Clan Co-Leader
Cuban

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:11 am

lol ahh sasdsa sup, yeah last night was a great game and it was fun. Thanks for the support Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Apoc
Clan Leader
Apoc

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Lol indeed very long and right now i don't have enough time to read all.
What can be done is show up at the server or servers this weekend and me or any of my older players will play for a test.
I think i saw this name once at the server, but i never seen you play.
ill arrange something this weekend and only then i can give you an answer if you are worth of joining or not.
Thanks for the application!
Back to top Go down
Cuban
Clan Co-Leader
Cuban

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 pm

cool, hit me up
Back to top Go down
Apoc
Clan Leader
Apoc

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:27 am

Myth wrote:
"...i think u are a very solid player
you have a lot to learn, but i can see ur gonna be a great noghost player..."

Alright i have watched you play, Myth got to the point.
For now your not at the skill level that we are looking for in our Team but you can become one.
Shows us more, and we might talk again.
Hope to see you more at the server because we will be there lol!
Back to top Go down
Cuban
Clan Co-Leader
Cuban

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:00 am

Shocked when did that happen lol? I didn't see u at all Wink

Ahh thanks for the info. I'll give it some more time maybe a year or so then I should be good enough. It's understandable since it's been less than a week so far. I'll hit you guys up once i get there. Cool

In the meantime i'll continue to have some fun afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Guys, I'm interested   Hello Guys, I'm interested Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Guys, I'm interested
Page 1 of 1